As a teacher, you’d like to keep tabs on your students’ activity on your class wiki, whether to review their contributions or answer posted questions right away. You could hover over each student and watch his or her every move, but you’d waste a lot of time.
A much better (and less creepy) way of monitoring activity is to use the notifications and monitor features. They allow you to receive an email each time a specific wiki, page, or discussion is edited. No more peering over each students’ shoulders – let our notifications track their activity for you.
How to create notifications for a wiki:
1. Navigate to the wiki you’d like to monitor.
2. Click the changes (recent changes) link to go to your wiki’s change log.
3. Click the notification button at the top-right corner of the change log area, and then click add.
4. Begin typing in your wiki’s name and choose it from the list of options. Hint: the wiki you are viewing will always be the first item on the list before you begin typing.
5. Choose the type of notifications you’d like to receive, and click update.
By default, you’ll receive an email each time a wiki or page you’re monitoring is updated. If you prefer to receive a single email that summarizes all of the content changes you are monitoring, go to your user account settings (from your dashboard) and change the email monitored changes field to “Yes – one email per day.”