Our Projects feature is designed to let teachers easily create member teams in their wiki. However, it’s flexible enough to be used to create Student Workspaces as well.
With a personal workspace, your students can:
- Submit assignments privately
- Work on their own project, at their own pace
- Receive personal feedback from their teacher
- Keep a record of their progress
Creating Student Workspaces is easy. You can use a spreadsheet to create a list of members and team names, and then assign members to their personal space:
- Go to your wiki’s Members page.
- At the bottom of the Members list, you’ll find a download button that allows you to download your Members spreadsheet:
- After saving the spreadsheet, open it on your computer.
- Remove the Members and Type columns, as well as any organizers that show up on the list. Remove the “Name” header on Column A.
- Copy all usernames to column B, making sure your copied names (i.e. the Project Team names) align with their respective usernames. The result should look like this:
- Save your spreadsheet as a CSV file and navigate to your wiki’s Projects page by clicking on the Projects icon at the top of any page.
- Click on Create Project and assign a name to your new project (e.g. “Student Workspace”).
- Next, click on Add Teams, select “Upload a spreadsheet with usernames and team names”, click on “Browse” and choose the username CSV file you’ve created.
- Make sure all Team permissions are set to Private, to make sure only organizers have access to these personal spaces, as well as the members assigned to their respective spaces.
- That’s it! You should now have a Student Workspace Project, with each student listed in their respective Team box:
- Once your Project is ready, students will find a link to their personal space directly on your wiki’s Navigation Bar: