Michael Uleau started the Urspace wiki in July of 2007.
1. Briefly describe your group, your wiki, and what you use it to do:
My group of users are high school science students. The wiki was designed to be a one-stop information warehouse, where students could share their ideas and keep track of what’s going on in class. We use the wiki to link to all our important information and create projects that other students can use as a resource for even more projects.
2. Besides the Edit button, which wiki feature is your favorite?
The ability to add RSS feeds is the greatest! Feeds make the wiki dynamic and provide current topics for reports.
3. What is one way you’re using wikis and other web 2.0 tools in your projects?
We use Google forms for quizzes, Glogster to give our projects some pizazz, and Scribd to embed documents.
4. Tell us about a particular moment that made you say, “Aha! THIS is why I use wikis!”
Whenever I see students working on projects at home, even when they don’t have to, I smile.
5. If you could ask it, what do you think your wiki would say about you?
My wiki would ask me what its grade was. An A of course!