If communication isn’t the key to success, it certainly is key to success. And that’s why we’ve recently added a site mailing feature to every Wikispaces Private Label site. Here’s how it works:
Go to Site Administration. On the Users tab, you’ll find a link that says Send Email to Site Users. Click it.
This will take you to the main site mailings page, where you’ll find a list of all the site emails that have been sent, and their status (the most recent mailing will always be on top). You can also draft a new mailing when you hit the Add New button.
Your first decision with a new mailing is who’s going to receive it. These are your options:
- All users: The email will be sent to everyone with an account on your site.
- All members of any wiki: The email will be sent to anyone who is listed as a member of any wiki on the site.
- Organizers: The email will be sent to all of your wiki organizers.
- Site administrators: The email will only be sent to site administrators.
- Yourself (for testing): No one will see the email but you.
(Your email will only be sent to confirmed email addresses — so make sure that your users are confirming their email addresses on your site.)
Enter the subject line and body like you would for any other email. Review your work with the Preview button, then you can Start Mailing, Continue Editing, or just Cancel.
And that’s it! It’s a simple but effective tool for keeping your users up to date on important site information.
As always, if you have any questions, send us an email at email@example.com.