Our latest changes to the link tool will make it even easier to impress your colleagues with what your wiki can do.
You now don’t need to know any special code or tricks to have your links open in new windows. Simply edit your page and go to the “Insert Link” tool in the toolbar. Whether you decide to add a link to your wiki page or to an external website, you can click the “New Window” check box to have that link open in a new page in your browser.
You can also now easily add a link to any part of your wiki page with our link and anchor feature. An anchor is an invisible marker that you can place at any point on your page. You can then link to this marker from any page on your wiki, another wiki entirely, or even another website. This is useful when you want to direct your readers to a specific section of a page.
To set an anchor:
- Edit the page and place your cursor at the section of the page you want to add the anchor to.
- Click the “Insert Link” tool in the toolbar and go to the “Anchor” tab.
- Enter a name for your anchor and click “Add Link.”
Your anchor is now on your page and you can link to it as many times as you’d like from wherever you like.
To link to an anchor:
- Edit the page where you want to add the link.
- Go to the “Insert Link” tool in the toolbar and then to the “Wiki Link” tab.
- Type in the page name that the anchor is on and then click “Link to anchor?”
- Type in your anchor name, add the link, and voila. You have just added a link to the exact section you want on your page.
Dive into these features, take more control over the navigation experience on your wiki, and wait for those “How did you do that?” exclamations from your friends.