Wikispaces’ Fourth Birthday. Check back tomorrow for part three!
Our third year was exciting to say the least. Looking back to last March, we’re both thrilled at how far we’ve come and looking forward to next year. We’re most proud of the great team we’ve built and all the wonderful people who have become part of the Wikispaces community.
Here’s a look back at the highlights of last 12 months:
- We launched Wikispaces Private Label Premium, which enables large organizations to easily adopt Wikispaces.
- We crossed both the 1 million member and 2 million member marks and are growing faster than ever.
- We overhauled the way our members interact with Wikispaces with our new dashboard.
- Jeff joined us and has been doing heavy lifting on our software engineering team, bringing you new features and a fast and reliable site.
- Jess joined us and has been working through every part of Wikispaces to make the site better-looking and more functional. Watch for more news on this front!
- We reached our goal of giving away 100,000 free ad-free wikis to K-12 teachers. And we were so pleased we decided to give away another 250,000. Our commitment to serving educators is the best investment we ever made.
- Debbie joined our team and immediately became the go-to person for all of your questions, concerns, and comments. Our legendary service is in safe hands.
- We redesigned Wikispaces.com from the ground up, retaining the simplicity and ease of use our members love while adding function, flair, and fun.
- With the help of a slew of volunteers, we translated Wikispaces into five more languages. With these languages and many more to come the Wikispaces community is now truly global, enabling some incredible new communities and activities.
- We served great customers. Some of the world’s largest universities, companies, school districts and non-profits rely on Wikispaces every day. Just as important, countless classrooms, small businesses, and groups of people just having fun, do what they do a little more easily because of Wikispaces.
- And we moved into a beautiful new office in San Francisco. Wikispaces has always been a great place to work. Our new office just gives us a little more style while we’re here.
We can’t tell you how many new team members we will welcome in the coming year, or what changes we’ll make to Wikispaces, or how many new members will join our community. What we can tell you is that we won’t change. We’ll keep working with great people, provide the best service we can, and offer real value every day to people who need it.